Program Administrators: Anthony Palazzo and Alexandra Galletta
Eligible Applicants: Current enrollment as a college freshman at New York University in New York City.
What does the Program do? The Scholarship Award and Internship Program for NYU freshman awards money to two (2) New York University freshman as well as provides them the opportunity to work with a seasoned General Counsel with a broad background in law and business. The Scholarship Award is $2,500 cash/check paid $1,500.00 when the Internship begins and $1,000.00 upon successful completion of the Internship. Successful completion is determined solely by Anthony Palazzo. Anticipated duties will be given to Intern prior to beginning of Internship.
Why is the Program limited to Freshman? There are many students who come from difficult social and economic backgrounds in high school and even if they did well in their home town high school, a trip to New York University can be overwhelming. That first year many drop out. Some do poorly at first, but by the second semester they have the drive and character to do what it takes to excel in the second semester. In either case, it is a tough year. Today’s difficult economic environment and competitive job market places pressure on young people like never before. Freshmen are routinely overlooked by corporate internship programs, as such, many students find upon graduating that their summer work experiences have little correlation to the professional job market. This Scholarship Award and Internship Program is presented to two freshman candidates in an attempt to support students who anticipate this difficulty early on and take proactive steps to build a robust and more real world specific work resume.
What are the Requirements for application and success?
- A grade determination of Dean’s List or equivalent in your freshman year. Dean’s List the first semester will qualify you for early determination.
- Applications are limited to Students attending New York University who are receiving some form of financial assistance from a student loan, direct college tuition assistance and/or government related student loan program.
- The Internship Program is eight weeks – a minimum of 16 and maximum of 25 hours per week.
- The Scholarship Award is based upon GPA, Extracurricular Activities; AND
- Submission of a short essay of no more than 500 words on the following question: Describe a situation / time where you had to overcome a significant obstacle in your life and how the experience affected you as well as a short (no more than 250 words) on why you might have an interest in entering the profession of Law.
- Students must live within 25 miles of the Empire State Building in New York City and have a valid driver’s license. Students not living in New York City must have access to a car or truck in good condition.
- The two essays must be in the body of the email – attachments will not be opened.
- The email must begin with the following language “I hereby represent that I have read and agree to the Terms and Use contained in the Web Site”.
- Please DO NOT send anything other than the email containing essays as requested in No. 4. Those being considered will be sent an email from one of the Program Administrators requesting required additional information.
- New York University has not yet allocated any Credits to this Internship Program.
No applications will be accepted before March 1, 2016. The application deadline is May 15, 2016. The Scholarship Award recipients will be notified on or about May 30, 2016. The Internship Program will begin on or about June 7, 2016 and conclude in no more than 8 weeks- holidays are counted.
Two (2) students shall be granted the 2016 Scholarship Award and the corresponding Internship with Anthony Palazzo, General Counsel – Litigation, Eli Global, LLC. www.eliglobal.com.
Compliance with the application instructions in paragraph No. 5 ONLY should be sent to Attn: Alexandra Galletta, Program Administrator at the following email: AnthonyPalazzoNYU@gmail.com.